Phase 1 of the project (2016-2017) included:
The Observer tracks certain high impact cases from inception to completion before the Court. The primary criterion for the selection of cases will be their potential to affect ordinary lives.
All tracked cases contain the following:
- A calendar tracking the day-to-day progress of the case
- Copies of all important documents associated with the case including but not limited to pleadings, a summary of arguments and judgments.
- A plain English explanation of the issues involved and the potential impact of the case.
Accessibility and Outreach
To improve accessibility, the Observer provides plain English descriptions of:
- The jurisdiction of the Supreme Court.
- The procedure of the Court.
- A glossary of legal terms used.
- Flow charts detailing the progress of cases before the Court.